Information we collect about you and your pet that you voluntarily provide to us.
The information we collect or maintain about you and your pet, when you register as a user of the Service, make changes to your user profile information or send email messages, forms or other information to us through the Service, may include, but is not limited to:
- Your full name, email address, username, password, birthday, your city, state and country of residence, your zip code, phone number and similar registration information;
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information including card number, corresponding security code, card expiration date, cardholder name and billing and shipping addresses. We collect, but do not store your credit card or payment information in any usable form, other than for authorization purposes. We may collect information about your purchases or other activities on and through the Service, and associate it with your AskVet account;
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Service; and
- Your comments, reviews, tags, ratings, pictures, videos and any other information or content you choose to share through the Service.
Information we collect automatically through use of technology
When you use the Service, we may automatically collect information about you. We may passively collect certain information, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Tracking of some of the actions you take on the Website, such as the content of searches you perform on the Website.
- When you access the Service from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
- We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies to make the Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and AskVet.
- Certain features of the Service use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Service can connect you to a provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located.
- We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to deliver the most relevant information to you (for example, how you use the application(s), and information about the type of device or computer you use, fixing bugs and otherwise improve the performance of the Service).
To opt-out from having Google Analytics collect and use your information, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Locally stored objects or “flash cookies” are data files that can be created on your computer by the websites you visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Locally stored objects are different than cookies because they are stored in different parts of your computer than cookies. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. You can also disable the storage of flash cookies.
For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
However, if you reject cookies or disable flash cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Service and will not be able to stay logged in to the Service.
Do not track requests.
Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, AskVet will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
How we use the information we collect.
We may use information we collect about you through the Service for the following purposes and/or disclosures (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- Provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- Personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience with the Service;
- Contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- Improve the quality of Service through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms;
- Compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes and create aggregate statistics and reports relating to the use of the Service;
- Notify you when Service updates are available; Market and promote the Websites and the Service, and analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
At no time will we sell your personal details to any third-party.
How we share information we collect with third parties.
AskVet may disclose information it collects to the following third parties:
- Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, processing payments, fulfilling orders you place through the Service or otherwise responding to your customer service requests. These service providers, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
- Third-Party Marketing Partners. We not sell or share your information with any third-party marketing partners without your permission. We will not store or share credit card information which you have given us with any of our third-party marketing partner(s).
- 3rd-party Brand Partners: If you are using the service as part of an offer or product delivered to you by a 3rd-party Brand, you agree to receive occasional offers and information from that Brand. We may share your name, email address and cell phone number with that Brand Partner. You may choose to opt-out of those communications directly with the Brand.
- Common or Associated 3rd Party Service Provider: If you are using the service as part of an offer or product delivered by a common or associated 3rd party Service Provider, you agree to receive occasional offers and information from that Service Provider. We may share your name, email address and cell phone number with that Service Provider. You may choose to opt-out of those communications directly with the 3rd party.
- Companies that Acquire Our Business or Assets. If Vet24seven, Inc. becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Payment Card Companies. If you place an order through the Service, the information you provide will be transmitted to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase.
- Aggregate Information. AskVet may share information relating to visitors and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis (anonymized and de-identified) without any restrictions.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other user of the Service to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk. We may also share your information in response to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requests, and we may provide access to your information to our legal counsel and other consultants in connection with actual or potential litigation.
- DMCA Notices. We may share your information with third parties when we forward Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) infringement notifications and counter- notifications as described in the Terms. DMCA infringement notifications and counter-o notifications (including any personal information included as part of the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
- Unforeseeable or Unpreventable Disclosures. Your information may be disclosed to third parties in unforeseeable situations or situations that are not preventable even when commercially reasonably protections are employed, such as in the case that AskVet or the Service is subject to a hacking or other attack.
Some of the Advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of behavioral advertising delivered by each of its member companies. If you would like to obtain more information about the NAI and make choices about their members’ use of your information, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Some of the third parties that collect information on the Websites in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a single location where users can make choices about the use of their information for ad targeting.
To learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
How is information accessed, changed or modified?
Some information may be modified through the Service via your account. You may make a request to modify any information by contacting us directly at [email protected]. Following receipt of a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to update, correct or modify your information.
What information is retained and for how long?
We retain information for active AskVet accounts as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce the Terms and take other actions permitted by law. We also retain anonymous information about your use of the Service and aggregate data for as long as it is necessary or relevant for our business operations.
What about deleting the information collected?
You may request deletion of information we collect by us, but we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete information we collect, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archive. Once we disclose some of the information we collect to third parties, we may not be able to access that information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
What steps are taken to keep information secure?
AskVet takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to us or submit through the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Report any security violations by sending email to [email protected].
If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or stored in the United States, you should not use the Service. Use of the Service by users outside of the United States is at your own risk.
Are there any additional rights of California residents?
Can children use the Service?
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under age 18 or the applicable age of majority without involvement of a parent or guardian. We will never knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has submitted information to the Service without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the websites they visit.
If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under age 18, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
How do I contact you to ask additional questions or request additional information?